Breakfast Crêpes with Strawberries and Chocolate Fudge Sauce
These crêpes are sure to impress! We aren't sure what component of this recipe we like best: the crêpes, the delicious fresh strawberries or the decadent fudge sauce. We do know that together they make a scrumptious brunch option! You may find that you have extra sauce left over – simply store it in the fridge for up to a week and warm it up before serving. It is delicious when served over vanilla bean ice cream or over our Chocolate Waffles.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A deliciously decadent start to the day for a special breakfast… or this could also be served for dessert." - Sue
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Makes 20 medium crêpes
Cooked crêpes can be frozen
You will need:
25cm-30cm crêpe pan or wide skillet
- strawberries - 250-500g, fresh, hulled and quartered
- butter - for greasing
- eggs - 6
- milk - 660g, or rice milk
- plain flour - 240g, (*can use GF)
- olive oil - 30g
- salt - 1.5 tsp
- Fudge sauce:
- chocolate - 200g, dark, broken up into small pieces
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- condensed milk - 150g, sweetened
- cream - 50g, pure
- Add the eggs (6), milk (660g), plain flour (240g), olive oil (30g) and salt (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Use butter to lightly grease a crêpe pan over medium heat. Remember, these are meant to be very thin, so be sure to really spread the batter out. To cook them in the traditional way, use a greased wide skillet and spread the batter out thinly (and quickly!) with the back of a spatula or crêpe paddle.
- Clean and dry the bowl well. Keep the crêpes warm whilst making the sauce.
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (200g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), sweetened condensed milk (150g) and cream (50g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Fill each crêpe with fresh quartered strawberries (250-500g) and drizzle fudge sauce over the top.