Breakfast Banana Splits
Some days there's nothing sweeter than dessert for breakfast. Bring that dream to life with these healthy banana splits! The fruit in this recipe transforms into a soft serve ice cream that your kids won't be able to resist.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The kids thought they were getting ice cream for breakfast!! Little do they know, they were getting a mega serve of fruit! Loved it!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
2 long dishes
- coconut - 4 Tbsp, shredded
- cacao nibs - 4 Tbsp, or choc chips for a more indulgent version
- banana - 3, peeled and halved longways
- Breakfast ice cream:
- banana - 400g, chopped and frozen
- mango - 200g, frozen, chunks
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Add the shredded coconut (4 Tbsp) and cacao nibs (4 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Set aside to use as the topping.
Breakfast ice cream:
- Place the frozen banana chunks (400g), frozen mango chunks (200g) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) into the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 8 until a smooth ice cream forms. You may need your spatula to assist while the ingredients are mixing.
- Place two banana halves (from 1 banana only) into a long dish. Add scoops of ice cream and top with the coconut and cacao nib topping mixture.
- Repeat for the remaining halved bananas (2).