These tasty camp fire bread rolls are perfect for lunches, or dipping into the delicious Cowboy Chicken and Bean Stew and sopping up the sauce. You can prepare the dough ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze and cook them up when you want some fresh bread.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Golden brown, light and fluffy. A simple recipe with delicious results." - Heidi
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 12 rolls
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 20g
- milk - 220g
- yeast - 1 Tbsp, dry instant
- butter - 80g
- egg - 1
- bakers flour - 500g, plus extra for dusting
- salt - 1 tsp
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (20g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the sugar (20g), add milk (220g) and yeast (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add the butter (80g) in small chunks, egg (1), flour (500g) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Knead 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Tip onto a floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Uncover the dough and cut into 12 equally sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and cover again with a tea towel for 30 minutes.
- Place into the camp oven and cook for 15 minutes until hollow when tapped. Alternatively, bake for 20 minutes in the oven at 200C.