Bolognese Gnocchi Bake
The tasty dumplings of potato known as gnocchi are a real favourite in The 4 Blades kitchen, but when paired with a delicious bolognese sauce and baked in cheese? They are taken to a new level! We think you are going to love this simple yet delicious meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Amazing! So yummy. My husband had seconds and wanted thirds! And the kids enjoyed it too. Even able to hide some veg!" - Diana
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- beef mince - 500g, good quality
- gnocchi - 500g packet (*can use GF varieties, please check for egg content if required as most gnocchi contains egg)
- cheese - 100g, grated, or more, to taste
- Bolognese sauce:
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- capsicum - 1, red, roughly chopped
- carrot - 1, roughly chopped
- celery - 2, stalks, roughly chopped
- olive oil - drizzle
- tomatoes - 400g, diced, tinned
- capsicum - 200g, roasted, strips
- beef stock - 1, cube or paste
- fresh basil - 1/2 bunch
- salt - to season
- pepper - to season
- If you don't have grated cheese, grate it now by adding cheese (100g) to the bowl, and grating Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Add onion (1), garlic (2), capsicum (1), carrot (1) and celery (2) into bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add a drizzle of oil. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add diced tomatoes (400g), roasted capsicum (200g) and beef stock cube (1)
- Insert internal steaming basket into bowl. Break up mince (500g) and add to basket. Place the steaming attachment on top to avoid any splatters and to help reduce the sauce. 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Turn grill on to warm up. Alternatively, if you have time up your sleeve, preheat your oven to 200C.
- Cook gnocchi according to packet directions.
- Once your sauce has finished, empty the mince into the sauce and add basil (1/2 bunch). Mix on Speed 4 to break up slightly.
- Pour mince mixture into a medium sized casserole dish.
- Top mince mixture with cooked gnocchi and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Place dish under grill until cheese is bubbly and golden.