Blueberry Pie Filling
Blueberry pie is a great alternative to the more traditional sweet pies. The combination of the ever so slightly tart blueberries and the sweet pastry work so well together. This blueberry filling is also great served over ice cream for a quicker dessert. Use this as the filling with the Sweet Pie Pastry or Grain Free Sweet Pie Pastry as the base.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy homemade pie to make at home and impress your guests. We used mixed berries and it was a hit." -Sally
No: Dairy/Egg /Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + pie / pastry preparation
Makes enough for 1 x 22cm pie
Can be frozen
- sugar - 150g
- vanilla pod - 1/2
- blueberries - 750g, fresh or frozen
- plain flour - 10g (*can use GF)
- cornflour - 30g (*ensure GF if required)
- Place sugar (150g) and vanilla pod (1/2) into the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Add blueberries (750g), plain flour (10g) and cornflour (30g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 1 / 20 seconds.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the prepared pastry shell and spread into an even layer.
- Cover with another layer of pastry, pinching the edges together.
- Brush with some beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 180C oven.