Blueberry & Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This delicious cake has been shared with us by Fiona from Food 4 Thought. She has cleverly paired together beautiful fresh flavours in a cake that will travel well - perfect for a picnic! Be sure not to overmix the batter. The ingredients should be well combined without being overworked. It is a very moist cake so please be sure to check that it has cooked in the centre and cooled completely on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This had a great fruity flavour. It was quick and easy. You can use seasonal fruit." - Diana
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Can be made without: Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 45-50 minutes plus cooling time
Makes 1 loaf, 20 small serves
Can be frozen
- sugar - 160g
- lemon - 1, rind only
- butter - 60g, softened
- eggs - 2
- self raising flour - 300g (*can use GF)
- lemon juice - 60g
- yoghurt - 150g, Greek, thick
- lemon - 100g, curd
- blueberries - 150g, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line and grease loaf tin.
- Add sugar (160g) and lemon rind (1). Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add butter (80g). Mix Speed 4 / 15 seconds.
- Add whisk attachment. Program 1 minute / Speed 3.
- With the whisk attachment still in place, turn the dial to Speed 3 and add eggs (2) one at a time, beating for a further 30 seconds.
- Add flour (300g) and lemon juice (60g). Combine Speed 1 / 10 seconds.
- Add yoghurt (150g). Combine Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Add lemon curd (100g) and blueberries (150g). Mix Reverse+Speed 1 / 10 seconds.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 40 – 45 minutes. Check if cooked by testing middle of cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean it is cooked.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before allowing it to cool on a cooling rack.
This is best transported in a resealable airtight cake container which allows you to put the cake on the base and cover it with a plastic dome. Don't forget to pack a knife to cut and serve it.