- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: Serves 02-04
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes can not be beaten. Delicious and fluffy, they almost melt in your mouth. This is a great recipe to help use up any buttermilk you have left over from making butter. This batter is slightly thicker than traditional batter to support the blueberries in the batter. If you would like it to be slightly thinner add 50g of additional milk.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were very tasty. It was nice to have blueberries through my pancakes as we normally have plain ones. It was just the right amount. Next time I would serve these with a little whipped cream for a really indulgent breakfast." -
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 8 large pancakes
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 280g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- sugar - 80g, of choice
- buttermilk - 260g
- egg - 1
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- butter - 50g, melted
- blueberries - 125g, fresh, plus extra to garnish
- maple syrup - to serve
- Place flour (280g), baking powder (1 tsp), sugar (80g), buttermilk (260g), egg (1) and vanilla (1 tsp) into bowl.
- Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Whilst batter is mixing, pour butter (50g) in through the hole on the lid.
- Place blueberries into batter and mix softly with a spatula.
- Place a pan over medium heat. You may need to grease it slightly.
- Pour a little batter into pan. Once it starts to bubble, flip it over. Cook through for 30-60 seconds. Set aside.
- Repeat for remaining pancakes.
- Serve with extra berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites