Blueberry Banana Vegan Pancakes
This is a healthier take on traditional pancakes that has been shared with us by Vicki Newton from Thermomix Diva Recipes. They make a perfect brunch option for your vegan friends, as well as anyone who loves blueberries and bananas. Just because you are vegan doesn't mean you have to miss out on pancakes!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A delicious vegan option that was simple, tasty and enjoyed by our family. They have a lovely banana berry flavour!" - Lauren
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes 12 pancakes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- coconut oil - for frying
- buckwheat kernels - 100g
- almonds - 100g
- flaxseeds - 10g
- chia seeds - 1 Tbsp
- oats - 100g
- banana - 1, large, ripe, peeled
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- maple syrup - 20g, plus extra to serve
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- water - 250g
- salt - pinch
- blueberries - 100g, fresh or frozen
- Add some coconut oil in a frying pan on medium to high heat. Make sure there is enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the buckwheat groats (100g), almonds (100g), flaxseeds (10g) and chia seeds (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds until a flour forms.
- Add the oats (100g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add the peeled banana (1), cinnamon (1 tsp), maple syrup (20g), baking powder (1 tsp), water (250g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds until everything is combined. Scrape down sides.
- Add the blueberries (100g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 1 / 10 seconds.
- Turn the heat down on the frying pan and drop heaped tablespoons of the pancake mixture onto the hot pan. Spread evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Let them cook for a few minutes until the bottom is browned, then flip over to cook the other side. Remove the pancake from the heat.
- Add a little more coconut oil if needed and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of maple syrup.