Blueberry Banana Bread Slice
This easy to make sweet treat has been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. With only 5 ingredients, it is simple to whip up. It works well for breakfast, lunch or snacks and can be served warm or cold. Banana bread flavours in the form of a healthy slice – what could be better?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super fast grain free treat for morning or afternoon tea. Good to make for when friends drop in." - Naomi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Makes 18 squares
Can be frozen
- almonds - 200g, raw
- dates - 10, medjool, pitted
- desiccated coconut - 130g
- banana - 1, ripe, peeled and quartered
- blueberries - 120g, (frozen is fine)
- Preheat your oven to 175C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add almonds (200g) and dates (10) to the bowl. Process Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Add coconut (130g) and banana (1) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 20 seconds. The mixture will have the consistency of a cookie dough.
- Add blueberries (120g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and level the top with wet hands. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until looking lovely and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before gently transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice into squares. Serve. Eat and enjoy.