Blueberry Bakewell Tarts
These beautiful little tarts have been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger. While there are a few steps in this recipe, we have made sure it is easy to follow. This is an absolutely gorgeous way to use up fresh blueberries when they are in season!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "If you are having afternoon tea or have to take a plate of something sweet to a gathering, these will be a sure winner! Sweet and tasty and really easy to make!" - Lauren
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 45 minutes + 45 minutes chilling time
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 200g, plus extra for dusting
- butter - 100g, unsalted, plus extra for greasing
- icing sugar - 40g
- egg - 1
- Blueberry jam:
- blueberries - 50g, can use frozen if preferred
- caster sugar - 10g
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- almonds - 50g, ground
- caster sugar - 60g
- plain flour - 20g
- egg - 1
- butter - 55g, unsalted
- sugar - 100g
- blueberries - 40, fresh
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (70g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- If you need to grind your own almonds, add almonds (50g) to the bowl and grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the plain flour (200g), butter (100g), icing sugar (40g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Form into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the blueberries (50g), caster sugar (10g) and lemon juice (2 tsp) in the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Blitz Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter and dust the holes with flour.
- Roll out the pastry to 0.5cm thickness.
- Cut out 12 rounds with a 9cm cookie cutter. Place the rounds inside the holes and press down slightly.
- Chill for 15 minutes. While the tarts are chilling, make the frangipane.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Place the ground almonds (50g), caster sugar (60g) and plain flour (20g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the egg (1) and butter (55g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Remove the muffin tin from the fridge.
- Place 1/2 tsp of the blueberry jam in each pastry shell, then use the frangipane to fill the pastry shells halfway full.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then leave to cool entirely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cool, place the icing sugar (100g) in a bowl and add a small amount of water (one teaspoon at a time) to make a thick paste.
- Spread the icing over the tarts and top off with some fresh blueberries (40g).