Blueberry Almond Porridge
Porridge is a great one bowl wonder that takes little time to prepare and cook. This is a great breakfast when camping in the bush on a cold morning. All you need is a billy of tea to accompany your hot bowl of porridge. We have made this porridge on almond milk, but you can use dairy milk if you prefer. The dried blueberries are easy to take on the road and give a burst of flavour. If you prefer, you can substitute the blueberries for your favourite dried fruit.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe really couldn't be any easier. I really enjoyed the texture from the almonds. It felt more substantial in that I felt full more quickly." - Monika
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- almonds - 50g
- oats - 80g, traditional
- almond milk - 400g
- sweetener of choice - 30g, or sugar, or honey, etc.
- blueberries - 100g, dried
- Add the almonds (50g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Add the oats (80g), milk (400g) and sweetener (30g) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Pour the porridge into 2 bowls and top with blueberries (100g).