Blue Cheese and Pear Crostini
This different but delicious snack is perfect for an appetiser at your next event. They are best served hot and fresh. Use a sufficiently strong blue cheese to maximise the flavour. Stilton or Roquefort are great options.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasty little canapés!" - Jeroen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 4 as a starter
Cannot be frozen
- baguette - 1 (*can use GF; make your own with the Crusty Baguettes recipe from The Picnic Issue or the Gluten Free Crusty French Bread recipe from The Healthy New Year Issue)
- olive oil - 10g
- sea salt - pinch
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- pear - 410g tin, drained
- blue cheese - 100g, strong, we used Roquefort
- paprika - 1/2 tsp, smoked
- fresh chives - 10g, or dill, chopped
- walnuts - crushed toasted, optional (*omit for NF)
- Preheat the oven to the highest setting or grill function. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Thinly slice the baguette (1) and place on the tray. Brush with olive oil (10g) and season with the salt (pinch) and pepper (1/2 tsp).
- Toast in the oven for 2-3 minutes until pale golden brown. Watch them carefully as they will burn quickly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the drained pears (410g tin), blue cheese (100g) and paprika (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 2 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture over the baguette slices and melt in the oven 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with the chives (10g) and / or crushed toasted walnuts immediately.