Blood Orange Watermelon Icy Poles
This recipe is another taste sensation from Alyce Alexandra’s book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. Why have we put an icy pole recipe in a drinks section? Well, last time we made these we actually blitzed them up into a slushie and OH MY GOODNESS... it was completely delicious. You have to try this flavour combo!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Setting Time 8 hours
Serves 4 as a drink or 8 as icy poles
Can be frozen
- raw sugar - 50g, or to taste
- watermelon - 300g, roughly chopped
- blood oranges - 300g, juice, from 4-6 oranges
- lime - 1, juice only
- Place sugar (50g) in bowl and mill Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Add watermelon (300g), blood orange juice (300g) and lime juice (1) to the bowl. Puree Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Distribute mixture evenly between 8 moulds. Freeze for 8 hours. If using dariole moulds, insert wooden sticks after 2 hours.
- If using dariole moulds, remove icy poles from moulds, wrap in cling film and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To make in to a slushie, add the ice blocks to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
Transport slushie in a lidded bottle or jug, in an esky with ice packs.