If you are craving a fruity dessert, look no further. This sweet blackberry cobbler made with a tasty blackberry puree and topped with cake batter. It is so tasty that you may go back for seconds (or thirds!) You can substitute the blackberries with tinned or frozen fruit if that's what you have on hand – whatever is easiest when you are on the road! This dish easily bakes over the camp fire or in the oven.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I have been looking for an easy but delicious cobbler recipe and this one is just perfect. It's quick and easy and everyone loved it. I served mine with custard." - Shannon
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- caster sugar - 100g
- blackberries - 150g
- butter - 110g
- plain flour - 125g
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- milk - 220g
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (100g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the sugar, add blackberries (150g). Combine Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish or deep skillet and set aside. Clean the bowl.
- Place the butter (110g) in the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 1.
- Add the flour (125g), baking powder (2 tsp), salt (pinch) and milk (220g). Combine Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Pour this mixture over the blackberries and bake over the camp fire for 20 minutes or in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes. If the cobbler looks dark halfway through the cooking time, cover it with some aluminium foil and return to the camp fire.