Black Pepper and Pecorino Spaghetti
This pasta is so simple, but the flavours are so intense! A fantastically fresh homemade version of the packet pasta and sauces that you can get from a grocery store. It is great for a simple meal or as a side.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It is always mesmerising to watch pasta spin around in the mixer and good to be reminded of these useful functions! This meal was a hit with the family, served with mushrooms sauteed in butter and a fresh garden salad." - Claire
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 19 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
large mixing bowl
- pecorino cheese - 70g, cubed
- water - 1L, hot
- dried spaghetti - 250g
- butter - 30g, cubed
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- Add the cubed pecorino cheese (70g) into the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add hot water (1L) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add spaghetti (250g) to the bowl through the lid. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid. Move both the pasta and the liquid into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cubed butter (30g), prepared grated cheese (70g) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.