Black Bean Chilli
This is a great dinner option for the whole family – your vegan and vegetarian members will be thrilled! This is delicious served in wraps, over rice or on top of a big baked potato. It is also pretty special all on its own!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a great little vegetarian midweek meal recipe. Not much hands-on time and such simple ingredients. We had it on rice, with grated cheese and sour cream, but you could easily have it as nachos or on pasta." - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- onions - 2, small, peeled and quartered
- taco seasoning - 2 Tbsp (make your own with the Taco Seasoning recipe from this issue)
- oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, diced
- black beans - 2 x 400g tins, drained and rinsed well
- corn - 200g, kernels, frozen
- Add the onions (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add taco seasoning (2 Tbsp) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C** / Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Add tinned tomatoes (800g) to the bowl.
- Rinse and drain the black beans (2 x 400g tins) in the internal steaming basket.
- Add the frozen corn kernels (200g) to the basket.
- Set the internal steaming basket in place. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add the steamed beans to the sauce.
- Stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
*Oil, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
**If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Want to add something extra?
- Like things a bit spicy? Add sliced jalapeños in Step 3.
- Serve this chilli over steamed rice, in tortillas or with corn chips.