- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: Serves 08-10
Black Bean and Beef Nachos
This tasty dish has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. You can supercharge this recipe to feed a crowd by simply adding more tomatoes, more tortilla chips, more sour cream, more beans, etc. Customise it to suit those you are feeding.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This would be a great meal for sitting and watching footy on a Saturday afternoon. It was so tasty and easy to prepare." - Kirsty
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Mince component can be frozen
You will need:
- olive oil - 20g, extra virgin
- onion - 230g, brown, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chilli - 1, small, red
- cumin - 1 tsp, seeds
- cayenne pepper - pinch
- dried oregano - 1 Tbsp, (or handful of fresh oregano leaves)
- beef mince - 500-550g
- raw sugar - 1 tsp
- umami paste - 20g, (*ensure GF, NF if required)
- black beans - 80g, cooked and drained
- corn - 250g, fresh, kernels
- tomato - 300g, puree
- salt flakes - pink, to taste
- fresh coriander - handful, leaves, roughly chopped
- lemon juice - 20g, fresh
- To serve:
- corn chips
- feta cheese - 50g per serving, crumbled
- sour cream
- cherry tomatoes
- avocado - sliced
- Add the extra virgin olive oil (20g), chopped onion (230g), peeled garlic cloves (2), chilli (1), cumin seeds (1 tsp), cayenne pepper (pinch) and dried oregano (1 Tbsp) into the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Add the beef mince (500-550g), raw sugar (1 tsp) and umami paste (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add the drained black beans (80g), corn kernels (250g) and tomato puree (300g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Taste and add salt if necessary. This will depend on the saltiness of your beans.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves (handful) and lemon juice (20g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 1 / 10 seconds.
- Serve in large bowls with chips, topped with feta, sour cream, tomatoes and sliced avocado.
Make your own!
* Make your own umami paste with this recipe from Cooking with Tenina.
* Make your own corn chips with the Corn Chips recipe from The Fake Out Issue.