Big Thermo Breakfast
A Big Breakfast in your thermo mixer is not only possible, but also delicious. Without the need for frying and excess oils, it's also a healthier option. We have written this recipe to allow you to prepare the items in your steaming attachment while the water is heating, saving you time. If you would prefer to 'set and forget' you can also prepare the steaming attachment FIRST and then add the time for the water heating to the total cooking time (on Steaming Temperature for the whole time).
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts (please check prepackaged meats if required)
*Variations: Can serve without Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Serves 2 people
Cannot be frozen
- water - 600g
- bacon - 2 rashers
- sausages - 2, chipolata (we used our sausage patty mixture and shaped into small thin sausages for a homemade alternative)
- eggs - 2
- tomato - 1, halved
- mushrooms - 4, button, halved
- fresh thyme - 3 sprigs, leaves
- butter - 2 tsp
- fresh parsley - for garnishing
- Place water (500g) into bowl.
- Program 9 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Place bacon (2) and sausages (2) into the top steaming attachment tray.
- Get a square of baking paper and scrunch it up under running water. Open up and place into the bottom of the steaming attachment bottom dish.
- Crack the eggs (2) into two silicone muffin cases and place on top of the paper.
- Sprinkle each tomato half with a little salt and pepper.
- Place halved mushrooms (4 mushrooms in total) into a small round dish. Sprinkle over thyme (leaves from 3 springs) and top with butter (2 tsp).
- Place top tray in place over bottom dish and put steaming attachment in place over the bowl with lid on.
- Program 12 minutes / Steaming Temperature or 115C / Speed 2.
- Ensure your sausages are cooked. If they aren't, remove everything else from trays, plate up and cook the sausages for an extra two to three minutes.
- Serve with some delicious Cheat's Sourdough and Bacon Jam or sauce of choice
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.