Big Burger with Special Sauce
Yep! We have created a dupe of your favourite big burger with special sauce from a well known fast food place that shall not be named. Whilst it is not exactly the same, it's a great fake out meal and much healthier one!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We cooked some potato wedges to go with this and it was a real hit with the whole family. Will definitely be making this one again." - Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Burger patties can be frozen
- Special sauce:
- mayonnaise - 100g, whole egg (*can use EF; make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- gherkins - 2, cocktail
- white vinegar - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- beef mince - 500g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- bread - 4, rolls, high topped (*can use GF; make your own with the Multiseed Bread Rolls from The Freezer Issue, Bread Rolls from The On the Road Issue or LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) from The Packed Lunch Issue)
- cheese - 4 slices (*omit for DF)
- lettuce - shredded
- onion - 1/2, peeled and very finely diced
- gherkins - 16 slices
- Add the mayonnaise (100g), gherkins (2), vinegar (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), onion powder (1 tsp) and garlic powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside in the fridge until needed.
- Add the beef (500g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 6 seconds.
- Remove the mix from the bowl and shape it into 8 very thin patties. You may like to use an egg ring for even shapes.
- Drizzle some oil into a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the patties for a few minutes on each side.
- Slice each bun (4) into three and lightly toast.
- Place a slice of cheese (4 total), lettuce, onion (1/2 total), special sauce and a beef patty onto the bottom layer.
- Top with the middle piece of bread, more lettuce, gherkin slices (16 total), more sauce and another beef patty. Place the top layer of bread on top.