Berry Mascarpone Tarts
An easy yet impressive dessert to whip up for your next dinner party. The sweet and creamy filling goes perfectly with the sweetness and tartness of the fresh berries!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a dessert to impress! They are not sickly sweet, and you can change the fruit or berries to suit your tastes." - Gail
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 25 minutes + 20 minutes chilling time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 8-10 tarts
Cannot be frozen
- Tart shells:
- water - 30g, cold
- caster sugar - 75g
- plain flour - 250g
- butter - 110g, chilled, cubed
- egg yolk - 3
- icing sugar - 40g
- mascarpone cheese - 500g
- double cream - 480g
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- To top:
- berries of choice - mixed, fresh
- Weigh the cold water (30g) into the measuring cap. Set aside.
- If you need to grind your own caster sugar, add raw sugar (75g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (75g), add the plain flour (250g), chilled cubed butter (110g) and egg yolks (3) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 25 seconds while adding the water (30g) through the lid.
- Place the mixture on a floured surface and divide into 8 portions (approximately 60g each). Flatten each into a disc and wrap in clingfilm. Transfer to the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease 8 small tart tins with butter extremely well.
- Roll each pastry disc out between two pieces of baking paper to fit the tart tins.
- Press the pastry into the tart tins.
- Place a small piece of baking paper and ceramic pie weights or dry beans into each shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. While the pastry is baking, you can begin making the filling.
- After 15 minutes, remove the baking paper and beads from the tart shells. Return the tart shells to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tins.
- If you need to grind your own icing sugar, add sugar (40g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- To the icing sugar (40g), add the mascarpone cheese (500g), double cream (480g) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until smooth.
- Place into the fridge until you are ready to assemble the tarts.
- Spoon into each tart shell and top with fresh berries.