Berry Mascarpone Dessert Pizza
Have you seen "dessert pizzas" on the menu before? We have a fabulous homemade version for you! We love the combination of mascarpone and berries. The best part is you can use any berries you like to really take advantage of what's in season (or growing in your garden!) We recommend using fresh rather than frozen berries for this recipe. If you don't have the luxury of berries growing in your backyard, we have helped reduce costs by cutting the berries in half to make them go a bit further!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I made this tonight and it was a hit! Winner, winner, according to my 15 year old!" - Vicki
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Pizza base:
- plain flour - 230g
- olive oil - 30g
- water - 120g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- icing sugar - 90g
- mascarpone cheese - 120g
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- almond essence - 1 tsp
- berries of choice - 125g, fresh, of choice, halved
- coconut - 40g, flaked
- chocolate - 50g, white, optional
- Place the plain flour (230g), oil (30g), water (120g) and salt (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of clingfilm, wrap up and leave in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
Topping and assembly:
- Preheat the oven to 220C, with the pizza stone or baking tray in the oven.
- Clean and dry the bowl.
- If you need to make your own icing sugar, add sugar (90g) and grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- To the icing sugar (90g), add mascarpone (120g), vanilla extract (2 tsp) and almond essence (1 tsp) in the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 8 seconds.
- Roll out the dough thinly (to 2-3mm thick) on a piece of baking paper that fits your pizza stone or baking tray. Place it on the heated tray and spread the mascarpone mixture over the base.
- Sprinkle halved fresh berries (125g) and coconut (40g) over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Optional: add the white chocolate (50g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.5.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and drizzle with the melted white chocolate if desired.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.