Berry Ice Cream Pie
To finish off your delicious summer BBQ dinner party, we have chosen an easy yet delicious (and cold!) dessert that everyone will love. You can make this the day before so that it is one less thing to worry about on the day of your party.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Simple and delicious recipe. I can't wait to make it again with some different combinations." - Jodie
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + 4 hours chilling time
Can be frozen
- chocolate - 200g, cooking
- puffed rice - 140g, cereal (*ensure GF if required)
- berries of choice - 150g, mixed, frozen
- ice cream - 1L, vanilla
- Leave the ice cream (1L) sitting out of the freezer.
- Line the bottom of the springform pan with baking paper and grease the sides.
- Add chocolate (200g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 2:30 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.5. Scrape down sides and blades.
- Program 1:30 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.5.
- Add puffed rice (140g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 20 seconds. If necessary, combine any remaining bits not covered in chocolate by mixing with a spatula.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared pan. Using wet hands, push the mixture up the sides and into the base until it is all covered.
- Transfer to the freezer.
- Add frozen mixed berries (150g) and softened ice cream (1L) to the bowl. Combine on Reverse+Speed 3, with the help of your machine’s spatula. Continue until it is well combined (and purple). This takes approximately 1 minute.
- Spoon into the frozen base, making sure that you don’t add the ice cream in higher than the sides.
- Return to the freezer until firm (3-4 hours, or overnight).
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve