This colourful risotto has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. It makes such a beautiful addition to the dinner table. The flavour of the beetroot really comes through, so be sure to ask your greengrocer to help you select some delicious beetroot.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a super easy and creamy risotto. My 5-year-old son was more than happy to try it and gave it a big thumbs up!" - Christina
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- water - 500g, plus extra for filling
- beetroot - 500g, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 40g
- Arborio rice - 300g
- white wine - 120g
- vegetable stock - 1 Tbsp, paste
- salt - to taste
- walnuts - 100g
- butter - 30g
- feta cheese - 80g, goat's
- rocket - for serving
- Fill mixer bowl with water (500g only). Place beetroot (500g) in steaming attachment lower dish and set into place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Set aside beetroot and steaming liquid separately in bowls.
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) in dry mixer bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add oil (40g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add rice (300g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add white wine (120g), stock paste (1 Tbsp) and salt (to taste). Activate scales and pour in reserved steaming liquid. Then add water to bring the weight to 750g.
- Cook for 18 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.5.
- Add reserved beetroot, walnuts (100g), butter (30g) and cheese (80g) and mix in with spatula. Allow to stand in the bowl for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with the rocket.