This is an easy Beetroot Dip using canned baby beetroots. Shared with us by Fiona from Food 4 Thought, It's a great flavour that complements the other dips well.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Makes 1 cup
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 10g
- beetroot - 420g can, baby, drained (should end up with 300g beetroot)
- yoghurt - 100g, Greeg style, or sour cream
- cumin - pinch, ground
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp, or to taste
- fresh dill - to taste, or fresh coriander, optional
- Place garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add oil (10g). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Remove bowl from base and allow to sit on the bench to cool. This will take approximately 3 – 5 minutes. Make sure the bowl is cool before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add beetroot (300g), yoghurt (100g), cumin (pinch) and salt (1/2 tsp) to bowl.
- Close Lid / Turbo / 1 second. Repeat. Check consistency and repeat if necessary. Be careful not to over process this as it can become sloppy.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable pieces.