Beetroot Crisps and Coriander Hummus
There is something about healthy snacks that feels so satisfying. These super tasty beetroot crisps are perfect for dipping in fresh coriander hummus. You can add some parsnips to the beetroot to add some variation.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The key to success for this recipe is to make sure your slices of beetroot are paper thin. The coriander through the hummus adds a welcome change to this traditional dip. Yum!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Beetroot crisps:
- beetroot - 2, large, peeled and sliced paper thin
- olive oil - 20g
- fresh thyme - 2 sprigs, leaves only
- Coriander hummus:
- fresh coriander - 20g
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained
- tahini paste - 2 Tbsp, make your own with the Tahini Paste recipe from The Tea Party Issue
- lemon - 1, juice only
- paprika - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the beetroot slices (from 2 beetroot) on the prepared tray. Toss with some oil (20g) and fresh thyme leaves (from 2 sprigs).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then leave to cool entirely.
- Place the coriander (20g) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the chickpeas (400g tin), tahini (2 Tbsp), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and paprika (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Serve with the the beetroot to dip.