Beetroot, Citrus and Fennel Salad
Looking for a new salad to try? This super tasty beetroot, citrus and fennel salad is packed with fresh veggies and has a wonderfully zingy flavour due to the different citrus fruits that are used in this recipe. You can store it in the fridge for up to two days, but it looks best when serving directly after making as the beetroot can bleed.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I was skeptical at all the very different flavours going into this dish, but it was surprisingly really tasty especially with the addition of the walnuts and feta. A great-tasting healthy summer salad. Perfect topped with some grilled chicken." - Nadia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 45 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Cannot be frozen
- water - 1L
- beetroot - 4, raw
- fresh fennel - 1, sliced finely
- blood oranges - 2, peeled, finely sliced and segmented
- radishes - 100g
- fresh parsley - 10g
- olive oil - 20g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- orange - 1, juice only
- pepper - pinch, black
- sea salt - pinch
- caster sugar - pinch
- apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp
- walnuts - 50g, toasted
- spinach - 50g, fresh
- feta cheese - optional, for dressing (*omit for DF)
- Fill the bowl with water (1L) and fill the internal steaming basket with the whole beetroots (4). Set the basket in place. If the beetroots don't fit, cut them in half. Program 60 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Once cooked, drain the beetroots and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- Peel the cooled beetroots and slice into 1cm thick slices or wedges. Return to the large bowl.
- Add the sliced fennel (1 bulb) and oranges (2) and add to the large bowl with the beetroot.
- Place the radishes (100g) and fresh parsley (10g) in the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), orange juice (from 1 orange), pepper (pinch), salt (pinch), sugar (pinch) and vinegar (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Pour the dressing over the chopped veggies, then add the walnuts (50g), spinach (50g) and feta and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites