Beef Stroganoff on Buttered Parsley Pasta
Stroganoff is a favourite for many families. For years I had been trying to find a stroganoff recipe my family would like to replace the store bought version. Thanks to my closest friend Candice I now have a recipe that everyone loves. Not only does it taste delicious but it can be on the table in under 30 minutes! - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The recipe was a breeze to follow and it was such a quick and easy meal - great for busy week nights. Very tasty and creamy! Will definitely make again." - Maureen
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 17 minutes
Can be frozen
- Buttered parsley pasta:
- pasta - 300g
- butter - 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Beef stroganoff:
- onion - 1/2, sliced into half rings
- butter - 20g (or oil)
- beef strips - 500g
- pepper - 1 tsp, ground
- paprika - 1 tsp, sweet
- tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- beef stock - 2 cubes
- water - 40g
- Worcestershire sauce - 1/2 Tbsp, recipe in Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus
- sour cream - 2 Tbsp
- mushrooms - 100g, champignon
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter (1 Tbsp) and parsley (1 Tbsp) and mix with a large spoon to combine. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place onion (1/2) and butter (20g) into bowl.
- Cook for 4 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Coat beef (500g) in pepper (1 tsp) and add to bowl.
- Cook for 3 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add paprika (1 tsp), tomato paste (2 Tbsp), beef stock cubes (2), water (40g) and Worcestershire sauce (1/2 Tbsp).
- Cook for 8 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the sour cream (2 Tbsp) and mushrooms (100g) to the bowl. Cook for 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving over buttered pasta