Beef Stir Fry with Udon Noodles
This flavoursome stir fry has been shared with us by Rona Jongebreur from Domestic Diva Unleashed. It is sure to be a new family favourite. It uses yummy fresh ingredients that travel quite well or that you could pick up from a local farmer's market on the road.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious stir fry with a flavoursome sauce." - Heidi
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
- beef strips - 600g
- golden syrup - 4 Tbsp
- udon noodles - 440g packet, or rice noodles (*use rice noodles for GF)
- green beans - 150g, trimmed
- choko - 1, peeled and cut in thin slices
- garlic salt
- leek - 1 small or 1/2 large
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- Brussels sprouts - 5
- vegetable oil - 80g
- vegetable stock - 1 Tbsp, paste
- dried parsley - sprinkling, and chives
- eggs - 4
- Marinate beef (600g) in the golden syrup (4 Tbsp) for 20 minutes or while preparing all the ingredients.
- Place the noodles (440g packet), beans (150g) and choko (1) into the steaming attachment lower dish. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Set aside.
- Add the leek (1), garlic clove (1) and Brussels sprouts (5) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds.
- Add oil (80g). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the beef, stock paste (1 Tbsp) and dried herbs (sprinkle) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place.
- Scrunch up and wet a piece of baking paper. Open it out flat and spread it on the steaming attachment upper tray, making sure it comes up the sides a bit without covering the steam holes.
- Whisk the eggs (4) in a small bowl and pour on top of the paper. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Once cooked, cut the egg into strips while it’s still on the tray. Pour the noodles and vegetables into an insulated server, top with the meat from the mixer bowl and stir to combine. Top with the egg.
- Serve in bowls. Enjoy!