Burger night is a regular feature in the menu for many households. They make for such an easy weeknight dinner. These are very forgiving. You can use any mince you like (chicken mince is delicious!) and completely vary the taste of the burger depending on what salads and sauces you use.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Kids loved homemade burgers and I loved that there was enough leftover to pop in the freezer, so two meals in one, BOOM!" - Prue
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- bread - 8 rolls (*ensure GF if required)
- salad of choice
- oats - 70g (*or GF breadcrumbs)
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- beef mince - 800g
- beef stock - 2 cubes, or 2 tsp of vegetable stock paste
- dried parsley - 1 Tbsp
- celery salt - 1 tsp
- egg - 1
- pepper - 1 tsp
- tomato paste - 1 Tbsp
- Place oats (70g) in mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) in bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add blitzed oats (70g), beef mince (800g), stock cubes (2), parsley (1 Tbsp), celery salt (1 tsp), egg (1), pepper (1 tsp) and tomato paste (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 to combine.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Cook in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve on a halved bread roll with salad of choice.