Beef and Sugar Snap Pea Stir Fry
Now this is a fabulous midweek dinner for the whole family! We love the taste and crunch of these sugar snap peas. You can of course replace them with green beans or snow peas, or why not add a combo of all three?! You can enjoy these in abundance during the summer and autumn months.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy stir fry with great flavour!" - Heidi
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 18 minutes
Can be frozen
- Stir fry:
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- onion - 1/2, peeled and cut into thin slices
- oil - 30g
- soy sauce - 50g (*ensure GF if required)
- oyster sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- lime juice - 50g
- palm sugar - 30g
- fish sauce - 15g (*ensure GF if required)
- pepper - 1 tsp, black, ground
- steak of choice - 400g, cut into thin strips
- To serve:
- chow mein noodles - 350g (*can omit or use other GF pasta)
- water - boiling
- sugar snap peas - 300g, trimmed
- Boil water in a saucepan or kettle. Continue on with Step 2.
- Add the garlic cloves (4) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the onion slices (from 1/2 onion) and oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles (350g) into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and set aside.
- Add the soy sauce (50g), oyster sauce (60g), lime juice (50g), palm sugar (30g), fish sauce (15g), pepper (1 tsp) and steak strips (400g) to the bowl.
- Place the sugar snap peas (300g) in the steaming attachment lower dish. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 13 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Drain the noodles once heated through. Move them into a large serving bowl.
- Add the meat, sauce and sugar snap peas to the noodles. Stir to combine.