- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving: Serves 06-08
Beef and Chorizo Stew
This is a nice thick stew that is great in an insulated food flask for lunch, and even better served for dinner with some nice fresh bread. A very hearty meal indeed.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Fast to prepare, easy to cook, tasty to eat." - Nicki
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- chorizo sausages - 250g, diced (*ensure GF if required)
- oil - 20g
- diced beef - 500g, diced
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, diced
- beef stock - 200g, liquid
- potato - 700g, diced
- carrot - 200g
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and quartered onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the diced chorizo (250g) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes/ 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add the diced beef (500g), diced tomatoes (400g tin), liquid stock (200g), diced potato (500g only) and diced carrot (200g) to the bowl. Place the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters. Program 40 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the remaining diced potato (200g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Place into warmed insulated food flask and into the school bag for the day.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites