Beef and Chorizo Sausage Rolls
Take the humble sausage roll to the next level with the addition of delicious chorizo and sun dried tomato flavours. Your efforts will be well rewarded with 72 small sausage rolls to cater for a larger group. We think you will find them to be a hit!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Really tasty recipe that I will be serving up at the next football final. So much more flavour and texture than store-bought party sausage rolls, and easy to prepare." - Michelle
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 45-50 minutes
Makes 72 sausage rolls
Can be frozen
You will need:
2-3 large baking trays
large mixing bowl
whisk or fork
- puff pastry - 6 sheets
- bread - 3 pieces, day old
- fresh parsley - 1/4 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- sun dried tomatoes - 200g, drained, without oil
- chorizo sausages - 250g
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- olive oil - 10g
- beef mince - 750g
- paprika - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2
- sesame seeds - optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2-3 large baking trays with baking paper. Set the puff pastry sheets (6) out on the bench to thaw.
- Add the day old bread slices (3) and fresh chopped parsley leaves (from 1/4 bunch) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 /5 seconds. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the drained sun dried tomatoes (200g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Add to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the chorizo sausages (250g) and peeled and quartered onion (1) to the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (10g) to the mixer bowl. Program 15 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on. Drain any liquid that has formed during cooking, then set the mix aside for 5 minutes, allowing to cool slightly.
- Add the beef mince (750g), paprika (1 tsp), lightly beaten egg (1 only) and slightly cooled chorizo / onion mix to the mixing bowl with the tomatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients well by hand.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry (6) in half.
- Divide the filling evenly between the 12 puff pastry rectangles, placing the mixture along one long edge of the pastry.
- Roll up the pastry tightly, enclosing the filling. Cut each roll evenly into 6 sausage roll 'bites'.
- Brush the rolls lightly with remaining lightly beaten egg (1) and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Make your own!
*Make your own puff pastry with the Homemade Puff Pastry recipe from The Baking Issue, the Rough Puff Pastry recipe from The Freezer Issue or the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Bonus Issue.