Beef and Chorizo BBQ Meatballs
A delicious little meatball to serve at your next BBQ. This meatball is jam packed full of flavour, thanks to the addition of the chorizo. Want to give these little morsels a kick? Just use a spicier chorizo or some fresh chilli in step 1. Yum!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “We had these tasty meatballs with salad for dinner and they were enjoyed by all. There were heaps left over too, so we'll be enjoying them again tomorrow night but with sauce and spaghetti." - Julia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 45 meatballs
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
whisk or fork
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemon - 4 strips, peel
- fresh parsley - 1/4 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- chorizo sausages - 300g, sliced (*ensure GF if required)
- beef mince - 500g
- Worcestershire sauce - 40g, ensure GF if required
- lemon - 1, juice only
- paprika - 2 tsp
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), lemon peel (4 strips) and chopped parsley leaves (from 1/4 bunch) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (1) and sliced chorizo sausage (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the beef mince (500g), Worcestershire sauce (40g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), paprika (2 tsp) and lightly beaten eggs (2) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 6 until well combined.
- Remove the mince from the bowl and roll into 45 small meatballs.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Cook the meatballs over the BBQ, turning often, until cooked through.
Make your own!
* Make your own Worcestershire sauce with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.