Beef and Black Bean Stir Fry
If you loved our take on Honey Chicken and Mongolian Beef in The Fake Out Issue, you are REALLY going to love our take on this beef and black bean stir fry! A great midweek meal that is easy to prepare and quick to cook. Serve with rice or noodles for a filling family meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Looks great, tasted good, and it was thankfully not salty as some Chinese recipes can be. My husband said he'd definitely eat it again." - Christine
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Can be frozen
- rice - or noodles, to serve (*ensure GF if required)
- Stir fry:
- vegetable oil - 30g
- beef tenderloin - 400g, thinly sliced
- carrot - 1, halved and sliced
- celery - 1 stalk, sliced diagonally
- snow peas - 100g, halved
- onion - 1, small, peeled, halved and cut into thin wedges
- spring onion - 3, chopped into 3cm lengths
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- Shaoxing wine - 40g
- soy sauce - 20g (*ensure GF if required)
- beef stock - 50g, liquid
- black bean sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- cornflour - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), Shaoxing wine (40g), soy sauce (20g), beef stock (50g), black bean sauce (60g) and cornflour (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Place a wok over high heat and heat the vegetable oil (15g only).
- Add the thinly sliced beef (400g) to the hot pan and quickly seal. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil (15g) to the pan to heat.
- Add the sliced carrot (1), sliced celery stalk (1), halved snow peas (100g) and onion wedges (from 1 small onion) to the wok. Cook until vegetables are lightly cooked but still crunchy.
- Add the sauce and chopped spring onions (3) to the wok. Stir to combine and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the meat and quickly heat through.