Beansprout Salad with Citrus Dressing
This simple but very tasty salad recipe has been shared with us by Karen from Cooking in the Chaos. The dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve. You can also use it to dress a coleslaw or in potato salad. Perfect for summer!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "What a yummy fresh summer salad!" - Liv
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- olive oil - 40g
- orange - 1/2, large, juice only
- white wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- sesame oil - 1/2 tsp
- fresh coriander - handful, leaves
- ginger - 2cm, fresh, peeled and roughly chopped
- sugar - 1/2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- carrots - 2, peeled and sliced thinly
- bean sprouts - 3 cups
- snow pea sprouts - 1 cup
- snow peas - 100g, sliced
- capsicum - 1, red, sliced into thin strips
- walnuts - 80g, or pine nuts (*or pepitas for NF option), roughly chopped
- Place olive oil (40g), orange juice (1/2), vinegar (1 Tbsp), sesame oil (1/2 tsp), coriander (handful), ginger (2cm) and sugar (1/2 tsp), and salt (to taste) into the bowl. Speed 8 / 20 seconds.
- Pour into a serving jug or jar.
- Mix carrots (2), bean shoots (3 cups), snow pea sprouts (1 cup), snow peas (100g), capsicum (1) and walnuts (80g) into a large serving bowl and drizzle dressing over just before serving.
Note: The dressing can be made up to a day ahead and stored in a sealed container or jar in the fridge until you are ready to use it.