BBQ'd Stuffed Mushrooms
What a great little side or finger food! This makes 50 mushrooms, so it really is a great one to feed a crowd. Too many for your next event? You can halve the mixture and number of mushrooms if preferred. You could also use this stuffing mixture on small split zucchini, baby yellow squash or even cherry tomatoes for a slight variation.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “OMG, these mushrooms were divine! So cheesy and delicious. They were a cinch to make and would be a real crowd pleaser. Would also be great on field mushrooms or as a vegetarian dish." - Michelle
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- bread - 4 slices, day old (*can use GF bread)
- fresh parsley - 1 tsp, leaves, chopped
- Parmesan cheese - 40g, cubed
- mushrooms - 50, button, stems removed
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- bacon - 5 slices, shortcut, roughly chopped
- olive oil - 10g
- baby spinach - 20g, leaves
- cream cheese - 250g, cubed
- cheese - 100g, grated
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- zucchini - to replace mushrooms
- yellow squash - to replace mushrooms
- cherry tomatoes - to replace mushrooms
- Add the bread slices (4), chopped parsley leaves (1 tsp) and cubed Parmesan cheese (40g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- If you need to grate your cheese for the stuffing, add cubed cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), chopped spring onions (2) and chopped shortcut bacon (5 slices) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (10g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add the spinach leaves (20g), cubed cream cheese (250g), grated cheese (100g), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the underside of each prepared mushroom (50 total).
- Top with a little of the reserved breadcrumb mixture.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill. Cook for 15-20 minutes with the hood down. Keep an eye on them, as cooking time varies depending on the size of your mushrooms.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.