BBQ’d Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
Oh goodness, these are a delicious entree for your next BBQ. The seeds are what add the heat, so this recipe is written to be not particularly spicy. However, simply mix some of the seeds into the mixture and you will have a much spicier finger food.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A great little snack or canapé. I'm not a fan of 'belt you in the face' heat, and I found these really lovely. If you wanted a lot more of a spice kick, I would suggest reserving some of the seeds when you empty the jalapeños and adding a small amount to the mixture." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 12-16 minutes
Makes 24 as a finger food
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- jalapeños - 24, fresh short and fat,, tops cut off and centres cleaned out
- Manchego Cheese - 100g, cubed
- rice crumbs - 25g
- almonds - 50g, blanched
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, leaves only
- tomato - 1, large, quartered
- cream cheese - 50g
- pecorino cheese - to replace manchego cheese
- Parmesan cheese - to replace manchego cheese
- breadcrumbs - to replace rice crumbs (*ensure GF if required)
- Add the cubed manchego cheese (100g), rice crumbs (25g), blanched almonds (50g) and fresh coriander leaves (from 1/2 bunch) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Add the quartered tomato (1), cream cheese (50g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Blend Speed 5 / 20 seconds.
- Slice each prepared jalapeño (24 total) in half lengthways.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into the centre of each jalapeño.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Place the stuffed jalapeños over the grill section. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until softened. Alternatively, cook in a griddle pan for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat and then bake in an oven at 190C for 12-15 minutes.