BBQ’d Mushroom Burgers
Even mushroom HATERS agree that these burger patties are completely delicious. When we originally came up with the idea of creating mushroom burger patties, we were pretty skeptical about whether they would work out. How wrong we were! These are so, so tasty, and they actually look like hamburgers. They're super easy to make too!
This recipe was featured in Episode 137 of the podcast: Thermomix Vegetarian BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These mushroom burgers were very delicious and so easy to make. Even hubby, who doesn’t like mushrooms, said he would eat them again." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 6-8 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered (approx. 100g)
- mushrooms - 100g
- cheese - 70g, grated
- eggs - 2
- tapioca starch - 70g, or cornflour, plain flour or GF plain flour
- dried herbs of choice - 1 tsp
- Serving suggestions:
- buns - can omit or use GF
- onion - caramelised
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (70g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the mushrooms (100g), grated cheese (70g), eggs (2), tapioca starch (70g), dried herbs (1 tsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 7 seconds.
- Preheat a frying pan with some oil and spoon the mixture into the pan in rounds. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a burger bun with fresh lettuce, tomato, beetroot, cheese, caramelised onion or your choice of fillings.
Make your own!
* Make your own buns with the Multiseed Bread Rolls recipe from The Freezer Issue, the Bread Rolls recipe from The On the Road Issue, the LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue or the Honey Buns recipe from The Readers Issue.