BBQ’d Greek Lamb Roast
This roast lamb done on the BBQ is deliciously tender and full of flavour. We find boneless legs of lamb easier and faster to cook than bone in, which we love when feeding a crowd! Serve this alongside a Greek salad and pita bread.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Delicious boneless lamb with marinade from scratch." - Diana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + at least 2 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
- lamb leg - 1.5kg, boneless, butterflied (can use larger or smaller cut as required)
- garlic cloves - 8, peeled
- lemon - 3 strips, peel
- lemon - 2, juice only
- olive oil - 40g
- dried oregano - 1 Tbsp
- dried thyme - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Serving suggestions:
- salad of choice - we recommend Greek
- pita bread - ensure GF if required
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (8) and lemon peel (3 strips) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lemon juice (from 2 lemons), olive oil (40g), dried oregano (1 Tbsp), dried thyme (2 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Place the prepared leg of lamb (1.5kg) into a ceramic dish skin side down. Pour the marinade over the top. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Flip the lamb and generously sprinkle salt onto the skin side.
- Fire up the BBQ, preheating to a high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high heat and cook the lamb skin side down for 10 minutes.
- Turn the lamb and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover the lamb with the BBQ hood. Cook for a further 35 minutes for medium cooked meat, or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to rest.
- Carve and enjoy!
Make your own!
* Make your own pita bread with the Pita Bread recipe from The Celebrations Issue.