BBQ Vegetable and Couscous Salad
Another tasty salad that really goes the distance. We love serving this salad at gatherings, but we also think it makes for a delicious salad for lunch on the go. Divide it up into individual portions, grab a fork and away you go! It's full of flavour and will keep you satisfied.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A tasty dish with lovely flavours. A very good vegetarian salad or side option to take to a BBQ or casual dinner. I would make it again." - Kristen
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
2 large mixing bowls
- eggplant - 2, large, diced into bite-size pieces
- zucchini - 2, diced into bite-size pieces
- capsicum - 2, diced into bite-size pieces
- onion - 1, red, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- cherry tomatoes - 250g
- chicken stock - 235g, liquid
- couscous - 170g
- baby spinach - 100g, leaves
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemon - 2, juice only
- olive oil - 50g
- honey - 40g
- mustard - 35g, wholegrain
- dried thyme - 1 tsp
- dried parsley - 2 tsp
- Add the diced eggplants (2), diced zucchinis (2), diced capsicums (2), peeled and diced red onion (1) and cherry tomatoes (250g) to a large mixing bowl. Combine with a spatula.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), lemon juice (from 2 lemons), olive oil (50g), honey (40g), wholegrain mustard (35g), dried thyme (1 tsp) and dried parsley (2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Move half of the marinade into the bowl with the vegetables and mix with a spatula to coat. There is no need to clean the bowl.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium heat.
- Cook the marinated vegetable pieces over the grill until tender.
- Meanwhile, add the liquid chicken stock (235g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the couscous (170g) to a large mixing bowl and carefully pour over the hot liquid stock. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork when it is done.
- Add the spinach leaves (100g), grilled vegetables and remaining marinade to the couscous and mix with your spatula to combine.
- Serve warm.