BBQ Turmeric Chicken and Sweet Potato Chips
Turmeric, chicken and sweet potatoes are such a good match. The use of tenderloins and thin sweet potato chips means this meal can be on the table in approximately 25 minutes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick, easy and tasty meal. The chicken was really tender, and the marinade was yummy. The turmeric salt on the sweet potatoes really lifted the flavour of them." - Karen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes
Chicken can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp
- turmeric - 1 Tbsp, ground
- cumin - 1.5 tsp, ground
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- lemon - 1, large, juice only
- olive oil - 50g, plus extra for grilling
- chicken tenderloins - 6
- salad greens - side, optional
- Sweet potato chips:
- sweet potato - 1, large, sliced into thin rounds
- turmeric - 1 tsp, ground
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Place garlic cloves (2) and parsley (1 Tbsp) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add turmeric (1 Tbsp), cumin (1.5 tsp), salt (1 tsp), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and olive oil (50g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Coat chicken tenderloins (6) in marinade.
- Place sweet potato chips (from 1 sweet potato) onto a medium to high grill with a little oil.
- Once the chips are halfway cooked through, add the chicken to grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side before flipping and cooking for another 4 minutes on the other side until cooked through. Always check that your chicken is cooked through before serving.
- Meanwhile combine the additional turmeric (1 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) in a small bowl. Sprinkle this over the cooked sweet potato chips.
- Serve chicken tenderloins with sweet potato chips with a side salad.