BBQ Prawns with Mango Dipping Sauce
Nothing says summer in Australia better than prawns and mangoes, so it's the perfect starting point for your summer BBQ dinner party. Prepare the prawns and dipping sauce ahead of time, then simply cook them up on the BBQ as your guests arrive so that they can enjoy them hot and fresh as a finger food. The sauce is also great with grilled chicken or fish. So versatile!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We just served this with a garden salad for a lovely fresh dinner. It is a quick and easy way to add flavour to a seafood BBQ." - Karen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 6 as a finger food
Cannot be frozen
- prawns - 1kg, green, deheaded, deveined and tails intact
- Mango dipping sauce:
- lime - 1, peel, strip
- chilli - 1/2, mild, or to taste
- mango - 1, large, peeled, stoned removed and roughly chopped
- mayonnaise - 80g, thick whole egg
- lime - 1, juice only
- curry powder - 1/4 tsp
Mango dipping sauce:
- Place lime peel (1 strip) and chilli (1/2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat if needed.
- Add the mango (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add mayonnaise (80g), lime juice (from 1 lime) and curry powder (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into a small serving bowl and place into the fridge until chilled.
- Place prawns (1kg) onto the hot BBQ and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Serve prawns hot with chilled dipping sauce.