BBQ Chilli Lime Pesto Prawns
A BBQ just isn't a BBQ until the prawns come out! This is a great little tweak on the traditional "shrimp on a barbie." Again, this is a great marinade for tofu or portobello mushrooms, for those looking for a vegetarian option.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasty and versatile. I tested this recipe with prawns, but you could easily brush the marinade over chicken kebabs or salmon fillets, or even try the vegetarian options stated in the recipe. I served it up with salad and crusty bread to a chorus of 'yums'!" - Nicki
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 2 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen before cooking
- prawns - 1kg, tails removed and deveined
- Parmesan cheese - 80g, grated
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chillies - 2, long red, mild, deseeded and chopped
- capsicums - 2, jarred roasted, whole
- pine nuts - 100g, or nuts / seeds of choice (*use seeds for NF)
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- lime - 1, zest and juice only
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (80g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- To the grated Parmesan cheese (80g), add the peeled garlic cloves (2), chopped chillies (2), whole jarred capsicums (2), pine nuts (100g), fresh parsley leaves (2 Tbsp), fresh coriander leaves (2 Tbsp), lime zest (from 1 lime), lime juice (from 1 lime), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Cover prawns (1kg) in marinade and marinate for 2 hours.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Place prawns onto the oiled hot plate over medium to high heat. Cook for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.