Basic Toasted Muesli Mix
This is a standard recipe in Peta's household, getting made 1-2 times per fortnight. It's such a versatile recipe, allowing you to tweak the flavours and textures to your preference. Popular additions are nuts and dried fruits. Add your favourites and create your own signature muesli mix with this base. This is a very cost effective way of having toasted muesli at breakfast.
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be kept in the freezer if required
- oats - 1kg, rolled
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- pepitas - 200g
- sunflower kernels - 200g
- almonds - 100g, silvered (optional)
- cinnamon - 1 Tbsp, ground
- vanilla - 1 tsp, powder
- coconut oil - 100g
- maple syrup - 90g, or honey, or to taste
- Preheat over to 180C and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place oats (1kg), coconut (100g), pepitas (200g), sunflower kernels (200g), cinnamon (1 Tbsp) and vanilla powder (1 tsp) into a very large bowl. Mix to combine with a spoon.
- Place oil (100g) and maple syrup or honey (90g) into thermo mixer bowl.
- Program 2 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Pour oil mixture over dry ingredients in the separate bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pour between the two trays.
- Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. You want a nice crunchy toasted muesli. Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with yoghurt, with milk or in one of our fabulous muesli recipes.
Note: You can add nuts to this recipe if you like and bulk out with 500g diced dried fruit of choice.