Basic Ice Cream Cake
You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make your own basic ice cream cake, with your favourite additions! Our version here uses vanilla ice cream, chocolate coated honeycomb and Cadbury Flake Bites. This has an awesome blend of textures, and the chocolate from the honeycomb sinks to the bottom to make a delicious base! Feel free to play around with your favourite combinations! Please be sure to check the ingredients of your additions if you are creating the cake for people that need to be aware of allergens. It will sit happily in the freezer, so it’s easily made ahead of time to free you up on party day. Assuming you don’t eat it beforehand!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Yummy! This was a huge hit with the kids. You could add any type of chocolate bar. You could put a thick ribbon around the outside to jazz it up for a birthday. It's easy to make ahead of time and would be a great party hit for a family." - Dawn
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time Minimum 7.5 hours
To be kept frozen
- ice cream - 1L, vanilla, left out of the freezer
- honeycomb - 200g, chocolate covered, refrigerated
- chocolate - 150g, Flake™ bites, refrigerated
- Leave the ice cream (1L) out of the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Add honeycomb pieces (200g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Add half the ice cream and blitzed honeycomb (100g only) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds. It should be combined throughout. If you have any big chunks of ice cream that have not blended, repeat the mixing. Assist with a spatula if needed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Sit in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Without washing the bowl, add the remaining ice cream (500g) and Flake bites (100g). Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- On the honeycomb base that has been removed from the freezer, sprinkle half of the remaining honeycomb (50g).
- Pour the Flake mixture over the base and return to the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Decorate the top with the remaining Flake and honeycomb and return to the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Remove the cake from the pan by allowing it to sit on the bench for 10 minutes or so, and then using a flat knife to separate the cake from the tin.
- Transfer to your serving dish and enjoy!