Basic Dinner Rolls
Is there anything better than making your own bread? These basic dinner rolls are the perfect complement to not only all our soups, but all of the warming meals featured in this issue. If you've never made your own bread before, now is the time to start!
No: Dairy/ Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 45 minutes
Makes 20 rolls
Can be frozen
- water - 220g, lukewarm
- bakers flour - 375g
- yeast - 1.5 tsp, instant
- salt - 1 tsp
- bread improver - 1.5 tsp
- milk - or egg wash to brush over the rolls (*optional)
- Add the ingredients to the bowl in this order: water (220g), yeast (1.5 tsp), flour (375g), improver (1.5 tsp), salt (1 tsp).
- Speed 7 / 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Program Closed Lid / 6 minutes / Kneading Function.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and place into a warm spot. E.g. the front seat of the car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled. It must double in size.
- Remove dough from bowl, knock out the air by shaping your dough into 20 mini bread rolls.
- Place them onto a lined tray leaving a space between each roll.
- Allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Brush with a little milk or egg wash, and sprinkle with sesame, poppy or chia seeds. Optional.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.