Basic Chocolate Cake
If you are looking for a simple chocolate cake to use as the base of your next birthday cake, this is the one for you. It has simple ingredients and is put together with a simple method. Pair it with one of the yummy icings in the Basic Icing Recipes list!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This cake was so easy to make and would be ideal to whip up for unexpected guests!" - Vicki
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time Approx. 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 200g
- sugar - 100g
- eggs - 2
- milk - 100g
- butter - 110g
- chocolate chips - 125g
- cocoa powder - 30g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line or grease cake tin.
- Add butter (110g) to the bowl. Melt 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 2.
- Place flour (200g), sugar (100g), eggs (2), milk (100g), choc chips (125g), cocoa powder (30g), vanilla (1 tsp) and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Speed 4 / 5 seconds to just combine.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- After 15 minutes, carefully remove cake from tin and place onto a wire rack to cool.
- Ice and decorate as you like.