Basic Banana Cake
This basic banana cake is a nice change from a plain butter cake or chocolate cake. It's also a great way to use up overripe bananas! Pair it with cream cheese icing for a real treat!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a deliciously moist, not overly sweet, quick bake banana cake. My husband came looking for seconds!" - Sue
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 60g, melted
- bananas - 3, very ripe
- self raising flour - 200g
- sugar - 80g
- eggs - 2
- milk - 80g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line or grease a cake tin.
- If you haven't melted your butter yet, do it first. Add butter (60g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Place bananas (3) into bowl. Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add melted butter (60g) if you didn't use Step 2, along with flour (200g), sugar (80g), eggs (2), milk (80g), vanilla (1 tsp) and a pinch of salt to bowl. Speed 4 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 4 / 8 seconds.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- After 15 minutes, carefully remove banana cake from tin and place on wire rack to cool.
- Ice and decorate as you like.