Banana Walnut Overnight Oats
If you are rushing out the door in the morning without a chance to eat breakfast, consider making yourself a couple of jars of this the night before! They will soak up the delicious flavours overnight and be perfect when you are on the go in the morning.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is an easy yet filling healthy breakfast option for those on the go. I now have no excuse not to have a healthy breakfast before work!" - Shannah
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + setting overnight in the fridge
Makes 2 portions, recipe can be doubled
Cannot be frozen
- banana - 1, chopped
- walnuts - 1 Tbsp, plus extra for topping (*omit for NF)
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground or nutmeg
- honey - 2 Tbsp, optional (you may find it sweet enough with fruit only)
- milk of choice - 280g
- oats - 100g, rolled
- Place banana (1) into bowl. Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add walnuts (1 Tbsp), cinnamon (1 tsp), honey (2 Tbsp), milk (280g) and oats (100g). Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into 2 jars and place in the fridge to set overnight.
- Serve the next morning with additional walnuts sprinkled over for some crunch. They will transport beautifully in the jars they are made in. Consider taking in a cooler bag if it's a hot day.