Banana Walnut Date Loaf
This deliciously dense date loaf has been shared with us by Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers. It's great to make ahead of time, slice and pack into your lunch as a sweet treat made with good ingredients.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Once you mill the almonds, this is a chuck-everything-in-the-bowl loaf that is super quick and easy to make. It also is super filling and would be great for breakfast or for morning tea." - Monika
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- almonds - 330g, raw
- eggs - 3, whole
- bananas - 250g, overripe (approx. 3), plus optional extra for garnish
- coconut oil - 70g, or butter (*use coconut oil for DF)
- honey - 25g, or liquid sweetener of choice
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp, or powder
- bicarb soda - 1 tsp
- walnuts - 50g, chopped
- dates - 50g, Medjool, flesh, chopped (*omit for low sugar)
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced. Grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the almonds (165g only) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on. Set aside.
- Add the remaining almonds (165g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Add the eggs (3), bananas (250g), oil (70g), honey (25g), cinnamon (1 tsp), vanilla (1 tsp), bicarb soda (1 tsp) and the reserved almonds to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 15 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Add the walnuts (50g) and dates (50g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 4 / 5 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Move the batter to the prepared loaf tin and garnish with extra banana slices if using. Bake in the oven for 40-55 minutes or until cooked and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.